* Josh Gotbaum: Director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
* Randy DeFrehn: Executive Director of the National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans (NCCMP)
* Cary Franklin: Actuary and Managing Consultant of Horizon Actuarial Services, LLC
* Earl Pomeroy: Former U.S. Representative and Attorney at Alston & Bird, LLP
* Norm Stein: Professor at Drexel Law School and Former Counsel to the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
Mr. Gotbaum was the first speaker, discussing the importance of defined benefit plans and issues facing the PBGC. Following Mr. Gotbaum was a panel discussion including Mr. DeFrehn, Mr. Franklin, Mr. Pomeroy, and Mr. Stein. The panel’s discussion focused on issues facing multiemployer defined benefit pension plans and the NCCMP’s recent report – Solutions Not Bailouts – which offers a set of proposals to preserve the current multiemployer pension system, remediate the minority of deeply troubled plans, and offer innovative ideas for the future.
The video can be streamed from the C-SPAN website via the link below.